Aside from the traditional year-ender posts where most bloggers summarize the highlights of their year, I am also thinking of other ways to share my travel blogging adventures in one post. Thanks to Nomadic Samuel for nominating me in participating the A-Z of Travel, I am now here trying to reminisce the years of traveling and hopeful to travel further! Here you go!
A: Age you made your first international trip
– My first international trip happened when I was six years old. My Dad, Mom and I went to Hongkong weeks before my seventh birthday. I think we spent four days and three nights there. It was in that trip wherein my desire to become a stewardess started. I can still remember the hotel we stayed at and I would like to go back for sentimental reasons. Maybe I will soon.
B: Best (foreign) beer you’ve had and where
– I am not really a beer drinker, so I don’t really pay attention to the brand. I can say though that the Philippines have the best beers in Asia according to most travelers I spoke to. Red Horse will definitely give you a different kick. =P
C: Cuisine (Favourite)
– Â Excluding Filipino Cuisine? I love Chinese Cuisine because it is tasty and the servings are usually big! It’s weird though that up to now, I refuse to learn how to use chopsticks properly hehe. Next in line is Mexican and Persian.
D: Destinations. Favourite. Least Favourite. Why.
– My Top favorite as of the moment is Camiguin Island in the Philippines. The whole island is just mysteriously beautiful. Least? None as of the moment. I appreciate the inner beauty of every destination.
E: Event you experienced that made you say â€˜Wow’
– Exploring Hundred Islands in Alaminos City, Pangasinan. It’s funny because I only managed to do an island hopping activity there last year knowing the fact that I only live two hours away from it! We didn’t really go and stop in every island, but it is believed that there’s approximately 113 islands there.
F: Favourite mode of transportation
– I enjoyed my train ride in the UK because it is more relaxed and spacious. I also love commuting via MRT and LRT here in Manila (except on rush hours). I tend to observe and make stories behind every passenger when I’m bored.
G: Greatest feeling while travelling
– The sense of freedom and learning in the process. The fact that you’re open to any possibilities also keeps me going and longing for more.
H: Hottest place I’ve travelled to
– General Santos City hehe or maybe I just went there on a hot weather.
I: Incredible service you’ve experienced and where
– I can say that the staff and crew of most hotels and resorts in Cebu offers top caliber service. You really get what you pay for.
J: Journey that took you the longest
– My flight from Manila to Dubai to Birmingham is the longest flight to date.
K: Keepsake from your travels
– Photographs, videos, postcards and keychains.
L: Let down sight. Why and where?
Our Island Hopping Tour in Kota Kinabalu. Don’t get me wrong, the place is lovely and the set-up is really good for families. It’s just that I expected too much from it.
M: Moment where you fell in love with travel
– In Boracay Island with my grandparents and high school bestfriend. Life’s a beach so let’s go to the beach! =))
N: Nicest hotel you’ve stayed in
– This is difficult! In terms of hotels, I think Hotel Elizabeth in Cebu City is the best for me. I love the rooms, food, interior design and the staff. Sugbutel Bed and Bath is also recommended for travelers on a budget. I love the home-y feel of Alba Uno too. Woot, I gave three haha and they’re all located in Cebu!
O: Obsession. What are you obsessed with taking pictures of while traveling?
– Almost everything! I love taking pictures of sunsets and beaches.
P: Passport stamps. How many and from where?
I think I have five in my present passport – Singapore, Kota Kinabalu, Macau, Kuala Lumpur, Birmingham.
Q: Quirkiest attraction you’ve visited and where.
British Museum. I find it ‘quirky’ that most of the original statues and items are placed there while the countries who truly owned these stuff only have replicas in their places now HAHA 😛
R: Recommended sight, event, or experience.
– I recommend that you attend at least one Philippine Festival. I was able to attend the Masskara Festival in Bacolod last October and really had a blast! It is not as chaotic as I expected it to be. It is full of colors, smiles and dancing audience!
S: Splurge. Something you have no problem forking over for while travelling.
– Iced Mocha 😛
T: Touristy thing you’ve done
– Taking pictures using the traditional costumes. Touristy, but fun 😛
U: Unforgettable travel memory
– The last Bolinao Trip with my dad in 2003. He swam a month after his brain surgery. WTH. I think I inherited my no inhibitions character from him. I also find my Cardiff trip with mom memorable because woot, there’s snow everywhere! Also my Warwick Castle adventure with my brother Carlo. Before, we’re contented with our trips to the mall and the public market. Now we’re invading the big castles, baby boy!
V: Visas. How many of them and for where.
– UK Visa. My first time to experience the Visa Application anxiety LOL but it is a good learning experience. Submitting the right and only the required documents is a must.
W: Wine, best glass while traveling and where.
– I remember this wine my mom’s friend opened for my despedida party. Wah, forgot the name. I keep on drinking but I don’t read labels 0_0
X: eXcellent view and from where
– At the top of the Rock Formations in Bolinao, Pangasinan on a sunset. Who wants to propose? HAHA
Y: Years spent travelling
– Been travelling on and off for two years now.
Z: Zealous sports fans and where
– I am not a sporty person, but it is fun to see some British guys play football even on a winter. That is what you call dedication!
Now I tag the following:
Adaphobic, Flaircandy, Pink Tsinelas, Pinoy Lakwatsero & Yeah Drew – Start blogging!
Byahilo,Â The Pinay Solo Backpacker, Journeying James, We Are Sole Sisters, SoloFlighted, Just Wandering, Lakwatsera de Primera, Pinay Travel Junkie, FlipTravels, Â and Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler as support to your 2012 travel goals 😀
Woot. Tagged a lot of Pinoy Bloggers hehe go go go! 😀
I know you quite well but still this post revealed a lot of things I had no idea about 🙂 Very nice one!
Thanks Alex! I’m glad you enjoyed reading my answers and still surprised you in some parts 😛
You’ve had some great adventures Mica! I know you’ll have many more 🙂
Thanks for tagging me, Sam! Hope to see you next year 🙂
Really enjoyed reading it. And yeah, I love Camiguin too! Parang there’s something in the island na only the locals know. Yeah, something like that. And oh, MAINIT TALAGA SA GENSAN 5EVER. Nagka-flu nga ako pag-uwi ko ng Davao because of the weather there. Still, I <3 GenSan.
Tapos siyangapala, I looooove Alba Uno! Sulit siya lalo na kung marami kayo (like what we did in Cebu 2 weeks ago).
Cheers Mica! 2012 will be an awesome year travelers! Hehehe 😀
Camiguin is one mysterious but interesting place talaga! Lagi namang ‘warm’ ang welcome sa General Santos – literally and figuratively, pero i still love the place and its people <3
Alba Uno is my choice in Cebu when in sizzy mode. More travels for us, Renz!
I feel the same way about least favorite. I always find something interesting about a place.
This is my first encounter on your website .. this post looks great. Helped me to know about your favorites .!! your site looks neat n clean espically the domain name ..
Hi Sheril! Thanks for dropping by my blog! 😀
good luck, I’m tagged!
Haha and I am waiting for your post, Ed! Tag me on Twitter or FB once its up 😀
Love the part where you traveled to Boracay with your grand parents, and on why you love traveling.
Thanks Marky! 🙂
Touristy thing you’ve done. Taking pictures using the traditional costumes. Touristy, but fun — natawa ako dito kasi naalala ko yung sa batad na ginawa niyo ni Alex.
I had that scene in mind when I answered that question LOL 😛 Might as well write a separate post about it soon 😀
great read and such great adventures 🙂
Thank you, Gladys! Hoping to read your list too 😀
A wonderful post Mica! It was a great way to learn more about you. I love the picture with your grandparents. Happy New Year!
Thanks Mary! Happy New Year to you and your family 🙂
ang ganda naman ng kuha mo sa camigurin cross 🙂
Maraming salamat sa’yo, Christian! 😀
interesting revelations. ditto with kota kinabalu. i was also expecting some wow factor but i was more appreciative of our own beaches.