The Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2010 Writing Project is once again alive and kicking! Now on its fourth year, Digital Filipino will once again recognize some of the newest blogs that surely made a mark in the Philippine blogosphere this year. I am also happy because through this project, two of the blogs where I am a part of (Missing Carlo and Patay Gutom)
Here’s my pick for this year (not in chronological order):
- Project 52 Weeks – This is my short film blog. The project started last January. I was too excited to work on my LX3 and the idea of making short films out of it made me really excited. I originally planned to upload one short film every week. The first few entries were fun since my friends gladly cooperated when i asked them to act. However, I wasn’t able to maintain the video blog due to lack of time. I have much backlogs to do and I will work on it soon.
- Ganda Ever So Much – Ganda Â Ever So Much is the personal blog of Orman, a very bubbly friend of mine from GenSan. I first met him last December 2009 in Davao and since then, i’ve been a big fan of his. What I love about his blog is that it lives up to its blog title. Yes, you fill find emo entries there, but at the end of every post, you will realize that every problem has a solution and the solution is to be happy! Ganda ng life, ano?!
- Avatar Media – Avatar Media is a new media outfit in Davao City. I truly love the people behind this blog primarily because they’re supportive and accommodating. They’re the brains behind the Davao Food Appreciation Tour 2010 and they have a number of online projects that will help promote Davao City. They are special to me also because they were the ones who organized my first ever film showing in Mam Bebs last December. 🙂
- Thirsty Blogger – The guy behind this blog is someone that I truly look-up to in terms of blogging, handling finances and having fun! The Thirsty Blogger is all about drinking, and if i’m not mistaken, he is the only one who handles this niche here in the country. You will find good reviews and photographs of different drinks from different places. I’m not sure if he featured the alcoholic ones though LOL!
- Kusina Maria – From the Diyosa Blogger herself, I present to you Kusina Maria! This is the food and cooking blog of Maria Jose, one of the Philippines’ best blogger ever. She happily blogs about her latest food adventures and it somewhat inspired me to make my very own cooking script.
- Pakshet – Nah, I’m not badmouthing. Pakshet is the humor/komiks tumblr blog of Judd Sta. Maria. His past comic strips pertaining to the Philippine Election really spread like wild fire in Tumblrworld. You remember that Villar vs. Chuck Norris comics? He made that! Though he is not that active anymore, I can say that he somewhat influenced a lot of people to express themselves through drawing. May nanggaya pa nga eh LOL. I hope this nomination will push him to draw again.
- Libotero – Owned by the very young and bubbly Sinjin Pineda, he documents his travels through Libotero. What I truly like about his blog is that he really works hard for his content and really takes good pictures. Though he is from Cebu, I think he explored the North part of the Philippines more that I did! I so envy him! 😀
- Piggin’ Out Sessions – Doyzkie Buenaviaje is a true role model not only to the bloggers, but also to the youth. He blogs about his food discoveries in piggin’ out sessions amd one thing that i also admire about him is his involvement in different projects regarding the youth. He really writes well and takes good pictures. I sorta think he’s a celebrity in Cebu since he was featured in a number of publications already. Also, he is very accommodating and down to earth. The person behind this food blog is also yummy hahaha 😛
- Rabsing – The music blog of Ricky, whom I first saw at PBA ’09 wearing a barong is also a singer in his own right. He is actively recording some songs and upload some of his singing videos at YouTube. The participants of the CBC were lucky enough to see him perform live LOL. Who knows, maybe an agent will discover him through his blog. O ha 😛
- When in Manila – TekTok’s Vince and Hannah also owns and manages an events blog called When In Manila. It is primarily an events blog which is updated almost everyday with photos, videos, write-ups and contests. They have a huge number of followers in their social networking accounts, which proves that this blog is truly influential.
I will update this list with the corresponding reason on why I find these blogs interesting 🙂
Thank you to the following sponsors for making this project possible: Events and Corporate Video,Â Budget hotel in Makati,Â Pinoy Party Food,Â Copyediting Services,Â PR Agency Philippines,Â Budget Travel Philippines,Â Send Gifts to the Philippines andÂ Corporate Events Organizer.
Want to nominate your favorite blogs? Check the details here.