FEBRUARY is almost over, but blog entries related to love (or the lack of) is still being published online. Blame it on Mr. Cupid or on how several companies hype up Valentines Day (we’re being fooled by their marketing strategies to spend more! Grrr), some will either consider this as a special time to be extra romantic to their partners or in some cases, they’d rather call it the Single Awareness Month.
I am almost twenty five years old, a member of the NBSB community and a hopeless romantic by heart. I admit that I am one of those girls who would melt every time they watch a romance flick (drama or comedy) and wish that I’ll experience the same thing soon. A friend once suggested that I must write down all my frustrations when it comes to my love life and transform it into a screenplay. I am making one at the moment, but procrastination took over. No film, no lovelife LOL.
^play this song by Mike Francis and Blank & Jones to set you in a romantic mood^
Due to my frequent travels with friends, I can say that some of my ideal romantic moments already came true. Here are some examples of Romantic scenarios from my previous trips:
1. Petronas Towers at Night – Buti pa ang Petronas, may ka-partner. I went to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia around August last year to spend the weekend with my friend named Edward. I know that staying in KL for just two days is not enough so we made sure that we will not waste our time. Right after our Day Trip to Genting Highlands, we went to Petronas Towers and I was in awe upon seeing it. Most people might say that it is an overrated place, but I don’t care. I fell in love with it!
You can see a lot of travelers around. There’s this one girl who was seated in one corner and she was just staring at Malaysia’s most recognized landmark then she writes in her journal. There’s a group of Filipino friends who were laughing and taking pictures (Waitâ€¦ Marx is also there!) and a Spanish couple approached us and asked us if we can take their photo. You can really see the excitement and the love in their eyes. I want to be Bea Alonzo that night and I want my own John Lloyd too. I want to have a relationship as strong as the Petronas Towers – standing strong together no matter what.
2. Romantic Dinner by the Beach – My friend Jason and I met for the first time last month in Ilocos Norte. I picked him up at the Laoag Airport and we went straight to Pagudpud. Our bus ride that night is a tough one. We rode an ordinary bus bound to Cauayan, Isabela and all the seats were taken. When we arrived at Evangeline Beach Resort, we were surprised upon seeing our room (will write about it soon – it’s a funny yet touching one!) and one of the staff gave us the go signal that our late dinner is ready.
We went to the restaurant which is located just in front of Saud Beach and wowâ€¦ there’s a romantic dinner set-up for us!
Romantic Candle-lit dinner by the Beach for our first meet-up! I find the gesture very sweet even if there’s nothing really romantic going on between me and Jason. I loved the ambiance, the music, the food – everything! What a perfect dinner! I want something similar soon with my Mr. Right. That time will come, i know.
3. Cruise with me, Baby – For Valentines Day in London last year, I tried the London Eye River Cruise with my uncle. That time, couples from different countries were sweet in their own right while doing some sightseeing in London. Love is all around me! I felt inspired instead of feeling sorry for myself for being single.
The Manila Bay Sunset Cruise is also a good way to have a temporary escape from the chaotic city of Manila especially if you’re with that particular special person. My favorite in the Philippines so far is the Sunset Chillout Cruise in Mactan, Cebu. Next time I’ll bring my Mike Francis and Blank & Jones playlist with me and play the songs ‘Summer Breeze’ and ‘City Lights’ while enjoying the cruise with my sweetie.
4. Hotel and Resorts Staycations – One of the reasons on why I feel that luxury travel from time to time is a must is for you to spend more quality time with the person you’re with – whether that is with the family, friends or a lovey dovey. I want to go back and stay in Plantation Bay in Mactan, Cebu, Puerto del Sol in Bolinao Pangasinan , Lemlunay Dive Resort in Sarangani or Sumilon Island Getaway with Mr. Right. Time to unleash that romantic side – even if it means you need to pay a little extra. Worth it naman eh!
I want to go back also to Taal Vista Hotel so I can see the magnificent view of Taal Volcano from the balcony, in Hotel Elizabeth Cebu so I can just cuddle with someone in the room the whole day or in GoHotels Manila just becauseâ€¦ I want to see the big billboards of Edsa from my hotel room window 😛
5. Sunsets – Let’s catch the sunset while on a Paraw Sailing activity in Boracay or to make it more special, let’s go to the Bolinao Rock Formation and wait ’till the sun sets. I want to watch sunsets and sunrise with you.
Those are just examples of the Romantic Moments that I have in mind and they partly came true. I want to relive the moments but I’m hoping that it will be with my Mr. Right next time. Sorry for being cheesy and all. I’m just a simple girl after all =)
This is my contribution to Pinoy Travel Bloggers’ Blog Carnival for February 2012 with the theme â€œWhy You Should Date a Travelerâ€ compiled by Lauren Gaile of Epic Potato.